Job Description: Relief Officers.
Day & Night Shift starting March 2018
As Residential Assistant, you’ll work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover at an Approved Premises (AP) including security and monitoring services.You’ll provide assistance and support to residents in Approved Premises to reduce their risk of reoffending, recall or breach of the condition of their licenseor Court Order. You’ll also ensure that offenders resident at an AP and the fabric of it are kept safe and secure throughout their shift. Our Government Services segment has ambitious growth plans and you can be part of this, if you are a self-starter with high potential then you have a successful career pathway ahead of you.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Work as part of a team providing 24 hour cover at an Approved Premises (AP) including security and monitoring services. They will provide assistance and support to offenders in Approved Premises to reduce their risk of reoffending, recall or breach of the condition of their license or Court Order.
- Assist in the supervision of residents, maintaining discipline and the adherence to AP rules, licenseconditions and court orders. In addition, the post holder will contribute to the management of residents’ risk. This post will involve substantial out of hours work, both waking night duty and weekend work. The post holder may be required to cover duties at other Approved Premises at times of staff absence
- Must at all times demonstrate a commitment to equality and inclusion and an understanding of their relevance to the work they do.
- Must adhere to all policies in respect of the sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position.
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with our vision and values
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to work a rolling night shift pattern.
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, in English language, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including those who may present difficult or aggressivebehaviour.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality and diversity
- Computer literate
Please submit your CV and location by pressing the apply button, below.